Report on WASH in Health Project
Project Location: Tahirpur Upazila, Sunamganj
Project Duration: April 2016 to March 2019
To enhance capacity of community, local allies, community clinic, FWC, UHC, LGI have created opportunities for hard-to-reach poor communities in availing WaSH facilities, health & nutrition services at Tahirpur Upazila under Sunamganj district.
- To improve WASH situation in the Community for enhancing health and nutrition statues.
- To improve WASH situation in healthcare facilities for safe and convenient access to services.
- To strengthen knowledge of health workforce for improved and sustainable WASH.
- To strengthen capacity of Union Parisad (UP) through providing WASH relevant technical and financial assistance to create access to WASH
- Community people are aware and active on WASH rights and responsibilities
Completion activities of this year (January 17 – December 17)
|Sl. #||Name of Activity||Achievement|
|01||Number of HCF facilities supported by handwashing facility||11||288|
|02||Number of HCF supported by renovated latrine facility||11||288|
|03||Number of HCF facilities supported by new water facility||11||288|
|04||Number of MHM sessions conducted at community||80||1155|
|05||Number of hand washing facilities (including water and soap) installed at household||1865||11751|
|06||Number of hygiene promotion sessions conducted at community||106||1616|
|07||Number of sessions conducted with mothers of under five children||73||1040|
|08||Number of campaigns organized for WASH promotion at communities||15||2167|
|09||Number of basic latrines renovated for improvement at household (HH)||1140||7066|
|10||Number of improved latrine installed at household||719||4499|
|11||Number of safe drinking water facilities/source installed||4||28|
|12||Number of safe drinking water facilities/source rehabilitated||7||43|
|13||Number of water facility installed at household||21||148|
|14||Number of water facility renovated at household||7||42|
|15||Number of capacity building events organized for duty bearers ( UP body, Operation and Management to Community Group, Responsibility of Community Group, Health staff, Vendor/supplier on WASH)||23||412|
|16||Number of events for advocacy organized (NGO, GO, fund generation for Community Clinic, Patient consultation on health service, budget advocacy with Union Parisod)||33||1841|